About A Dog Photography. Dog photography. The photography of dogs.
Specifically the photography of your dog!


Based in St. Cloud, Minnesota and available to travel to wherever you and your dog are - including the Twin Cites, the North Shore, southern Minnesota...
heck if you're going to Hawaii I'll join you for an exotic beach session!

Saturday, July 20, 2013

About An Old Friend Sessions


Yesterday, when the heat index was high and the humidity was almost worse, the temperature in my single bedroom was awful - I don't have AC. Lots of water was available for the dogs, along with a cool bath and damp towels to lay on.  Of the four, Mick was the worst for wear. He hadn't eaten his food in the morning, wasn't drinking and was extremely lethargic. A call to the vet, and a normal temp of 102 didn't ease my worries for the old guy (he's 8 years old, give or take).  A cold bath and handfed dribbles of water seemed to help and by last night he was moving a little better, drinking water and chewing his favorite bone. Today he is his normal self again.

At one point yesterday, when we had gone outside, Mick had basically plopped down and didn't want to move or get up. My heart stung. I told him that I wasn't ready for him to be gone yet.

That got me thinking, wondering and remembering about Mick. He's 8ish, and some days vibrant with youth like a younger dog, others a little more laid back and worrisome. I've documented him with photography for as long as I've had him, and will continue to always do so.



Because of Mick, I am offering special sessions for all of our old companions, buddies and friends, or our friends who are terminally ill. These sessions will capture and celebrate the lives of the dogs and cats who have held our hearts captive. Known as About An Old Friend Session, is is low key, on location where your old friend is the most comfortable. There will be many hugs, pats and treats to be shared with your buddy, who I get the chance to meet before he or she departs. 



I learned that this lovely great dane pictured above passed away recently. Zena was sweet and gentle, and though I only got the chance to meet her once, I was glad I did.


No comments:

Post a Comment