About A Dog Photography. Dog photography. The photography of dogs.
Specifically the photography of your dog!


Based in St. Cloud, Minnesota and available to travel to wherever you and your dog are - including the Twin Cites, the North Shore, southern Minnesota...
heck if you're going to Hawaii I'll join you for an exotic beach session!

Thursday, April 18, 2013

Snowing...

Once more central Minnesota has been plunged into the depths of winter! Not nearly as the last batch ( the snow was 90% gone when it had rolled around) this is still no fun! Snagged the bf from work early early this morning, and while he slept I headed out with the gang to do some snow shots.

The destination was the Veterans Affairs Hospital. To get to the buildings, one must drive down a road (it makes me think of a two lane driveway...) to a four way intersection. From there the road goes either straight to the main building, left and loops around the entire property, right and away from the VA or back the way from whence we came. I think I made 5 different loops in attempt to find a parking place closer to trees. No luck, so I pulled off the road and parked half in the snow.

Bender was the first subject. I tied him to one of the narrower trees with his 30 ft lead, waited for him to finish dancing (if he has to poo he dances trying to find the perfect spot...), scooped the poo and attempted to get him to look towards me all while the wind is whipping at my back and the snowflakes pelted me in the back. Managed to snag a mere handful of shots of Bender before loading him back up into the car.


Next up was Axle. By this time my hands were super cold, so I snagged a handful of shots before I succumbed to the wind and snow. Or at least my hands did! It was to the point of having trouble pressing buttons on my camera! 



Meandered around the VA in search of a place to photograph Mick and Icey. Around a curve I found an awesome little creek that wrapped around in the snow. It wasn't frozen over and I thought it would make a neat backdrop. Mick and Icey with the creek. 

 


Meandered away from the VA towards a set of buildings that I've scouted and photographed many times. The buildings are made of rust hued bricks and most have either huge doors or metal doors in greens or reds. Icey was the only one I photographed at the last location, but she had a blast and did her best sit stay so that she could play with the squeaky tennis ball. 




I also need to learn to remember to check my settings (iso 1000! eek!) As well as expose for the scene especially with snow involved! Good thing I have models who will work for cookies! Or tennis balls!

No comments:

Post a Comment