About A Dog Photography. Dog photography. The photography of dogs.
Specifically the photography of your dog!


Based in St. Cloud, Minnesota and available to travel to wherever you and your dog are - including the Twin Cites, the North Shore, southern Minnesota...
heck if you're going to Hawaii I'll join you for an exotic beach session!

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

1st Day Humane Society!

Greetings all! Yesterday was my first day photographing the animals at Tri County Humane Society! It was tons and fun and quite the challenge! Today it was dogs only!

Things I learned:
I love dogs.
I love photographing dogs.
My dogs are crazy well trained.
Shelter dogs are bundles of energy, motivated by treats, toys, and snuggles.
They know everything from basic commands to an extensive list or nothing at all!
Patience to wait for the right moment even when nothing wants to work out.

Definitely a learning process! I would love to be able to photograph each dog after he or she has been adopted and living in a new happy home!

•••
This is Louie! He's a wirehaired small terrier mix who's looking for a new home! He's small, quiet and shy and would love to have a quiet family to love him. He's an older gentleman at 10 years old but still has lots of love to give!

Walter (the stray). Walter is a moose for lack of other words. He is a big lab, with big feet, a big nose, big tail and long tongue. He had a lot of energy and was motivated by treats. He also pooped on my floor! Despite his size and energy, he walks well on a leash. 

 Dezie is a sweet beagle girl looking for a quiet home of her own. She wasn't sure of the floor or me, but when I asked if she wanted to go outside she gave me the cutest head tilt!

The puppy fluff ball Sage! Two months old and all puppy, she's a fluffy chow/retriever mix who had a taste for chewing on my floor, me and my camera!

And the last dog of the day was Copper. He's a cute pup, 4 months old and leggy with a wirehair coat that makes a cute mohawk on his nose. He is also a super snuggler and kisser! He wanted to be as close as possible to me (which made it hard to get more than headshots!) and kiss my face over and over! He's shy in his kennel, but he has tons of funny puppy energy and personality! If I didn't have 3 of my own, I would snag him in a heartbeat!
 

 I can't wait until next time! Might even get time to get some pictures of kitties too!




No comments:

Post a Comment