About A Dog Photography. Dog photography. The photography of dogs.
Specifically the photography of your dog!


Based in St. Cloud, Minnesota and available to travel to wherever you and your dog are - including the Twin Cites, the North Shore, southern Minnesota...
heck if you're going to Hawaii I'll join you for an exotic beach session!

Monday, January 28, 2013

Monday Snow & Lens Dreaming

Good afternoon! To all of those Minnesotans out there, how do you feel about the snow? Indeed we got a nice fluffy dusting to camouflage the dirty, crunchy snow we've had since December. Everything has the winter wonderland look to it, which I love! Now if only the snow didn't come with cold weather! The dogs love it though, which reminds me that I need to get out and photograph my gang one of these days, especially if the temperature stays warm - ok 30's is not "warm" but after a week of subzero temps its almost tropical weather!

So I've made the decision on a lens! Whoot! Drumroll..... and the winner is the Tamron 28-75mm f2.8! Read a lot of reviews (while at the laundromat) and this lens seems to be the perfect fit for my collection. Granted it is a full frame lens on a crop sensor (its cropped at 1.5 so technically its 42-113mm!) so it will only be a touch wider than my 50mm f1.8 but the added "length" will be nice! The solid f2.8 throughout will be super awesome to have! Now I only need to save up a bit... I can get it from my camera shop job for $380ish, but I have been looking on both craigslist and ebay. Speaking of ebay, I have already put a bid in for one! Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment