About A Dog Photography. Dog photography. The photography of dogs.
Specifically the photography of your dog!


Based in St. Cloud, Minnesota and available to travel to wherever you and your dog are - including the Twin Cites, the North Shore, southern Minnesota...
heck if you're going to Hawaii I'll join you for an exotic beach session!

Friday, April 4, 2014

Urban - 52 Week Project

This week's theme for the 52 Week Project was Urban! Luckily the weather warmed up for the weekend, but I didn't get a chance to go shooting until Tuesday. There was a bitter breeze (is spring ever going to stay? Also its currently snowing as I write this...) but Icey and Axle were troopers as we adventured around town.

There was a new area I had scouted, but the stair leading down to the spot were glazed over with ice. Pretty, but I wasn't going to risk a tumble down them! So instead Icey modeled by the big steel doors.


With the wind being bitter, I wasn't too keen on wandering in search of the perfect place so the dogs and I did slow drive bys and quick stops for shots. An awesome blue railing and wedged between the garbage and recycling worked really well for an urban feel. 
Axle and I traveled down my favorite alley in St. Cloud and discovered some new graffiti. 

Across from the new graffiti is a really strange mural that Axle always looks really good in front of! 
I enjoyed adventuring around in the urban areas (minus that I would have liked to trade the cold for warmer temperatures). Next up visit the wonderful Cynthia Wood of Georgian Bay Studios for her take on the theme urban!

6 comments:

  1. Lol, I love Axel's grin, and I love that you included the pallets in the last photo. Nice location scouting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE LOVE mural and grafitti art use in pet photos. Axle howling with the spray painted dog in the background is priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love the simplicity of the first photo of Icey. Beautiful! And Axel's facial expressions are priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. FUN!!! Great textures and I really love the feeling of the last shot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love Axel's grin and the last shot is wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness - the expressions! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete