About A Dog Photography. Dog photography. The photography of dogs.
Specifically the photography of your dog!


Based in St. Cloud, Minnesota and available to travel to wherever you and your dog are - including the Twin Cites, the North Shore, southern Minnesota...
heck if you're going to Hawaii I'll join you for an exotic beach session!

Monday, November 4, 2013

The road trip that went east before it went south... part 4

Evan and I ran to the nearest Walmart for some supplies. I brought my handy dandy camera with, and though I didn't snag any pictures of the mild, pink sunset, I did capture a collection of light paintings. (If you are curious, light painting is capturing a light source with a slow shutter, resulting in a painting effect.) What did I use for the light paintings? Car headlights & taillights, lights on buildings and streetlights. Don't mind the distortion in the blues, it is from saving and uploading.


•••

Spent the following morning meandering about, in search of the elusive fall colors of Maryland. There were a couple of minor oranges and yellows, but the greens still outpaced them by a ton.  Visited a very creepy old cemetery and ancient tree that was home to a flock of vultures and a cute little pond that had peepers that squawked and scared the poo out of me. (I think they are a type of frog...)
•••
Bunkered down for the midday sun, while capturing more images of Jen's dogs (this time with treats!) Jen made me a pair of continuous, not remotely to scale pair of maps that would lead me to Tuckaho State Park where I would get a good view of the Bay Bridge and possibly some water birds. Not much luck with the birds, though I did see a male cardinal and an egret. The sun lazily started to go down, so I made my way back to the parking lot, the mosquitos nearly as thick as the swarms in Minnesota. Around a curve I came across a yearling dear, as well as his mother and smaller sibling. We gawked at each other until they moved through the grass. Or at least mother and smaller did. Finally the yearling decided to dash through the grass and into the brush.  



•••
As I was leaving, the light started to brighten into a sunset and I scurried, half lost and a Minnesotan amongst Maryland drivers, to a restaurant called Hemingways. Though I missed the shot of the vibrant red fireball just before it crested beneath some clouds on the horizon, I did manage to snag some shots of the sunset and water of the bay.





•••
Keep your eyes peeled for part 5!

1 comment:

  1. these are all great! I love the light painting...I haven't experimented with that yet.

    ReplyDelete