About A Dog Photography. Dog photography. The photography of dogs.
Specifically the photography of your dog!


Based in St. Cloud, Minnesota and available to travel to wherever you and your dog are - including the Twin Cites, the North Shore, southern Minnesota...
heck if you're going to Hawaii I'll join you for an exotic beach session!

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Tri County Humane Society's Companion Walk!

September 7th, 2013 marked Tri County Humane Society's annual fundraising 5K Companion Walk (aka Woofstock). The weather was warm and humid, but there were plenty of kiddie pools and cooling off stations to make sure no people or dogs ended up over heating.





This was my first year at Woofstock, and I was lucky enough to be able to have a booth showcasing my photography at the event. Granted, I tended to meander and photograph all the dogs instead of manning my booth, but I believe it generated some solid interest or at least shade for people!


The walk started, but I did not get a chance to get to the front of the pack, so instead I jogged to roughly the middle, maneuvered between walkers and dogs and plopped down in the middle of the path and started shooting. Some dogs pulled their owners so that they could meet me before passing, while other dogs looked at me like I had gone crazy. One little pomeranian almost walked right into me, then growled at me because it was my fault it hadn't seen me!



Not only did dogs attend, but a cage of rats, some turtles and a pair of hermit crabs also made an appearance in support of Tri County.


The temperature kept rising, but that didn't stop the awesome frisbee dogs and agility dogs from showcasing their talents! Axle would do well at both, I wonder if there is a agility frisbee course?





The event was tons of fun and I took a bazillion pictures! I can't wait to attend next year's Companion Walk! If you'd like to join in, next year's even will be on Saturday September 13th! I might have my own frisbee or agility dog to show off!


No comments:

Post a Comment