About A Dog Photography. Dog photography. The photography of dogs.
Specifically the photography of your dog!


Based in St. Cloud, Minnesota and available to travel to wherever you and your dog are - including the Twin Cites, the North Shore, southern Minnesota...
heck if you're going to Hawaii I'll join you for an exotic beach session!

Friday, September 20, 2013

Sun/Lens Flare - 52 Week Project

I was super stoked about doing a sun/lens flare challenge! My backlighting images were starting to come together really well and I was planning on doing some scouting for a new area to shoot at. Then it rained, and rained another day. And was gloomy the following day! Not one ounce of sunlight anywhere!!! So just when I was thinking I would have to rent a tanning booth and create a "faux" sun (and a tan!) the clouds cleared for a tiny bit. Then went back into hiding when I decided to chase it. I did snag some shots with Icey and a little tiny sun flare though.


The next morning started promising for sunshine but quickly that promise was pushed away for some deep grey sky darkening rain clouds that poured for most of the morning. The clouds waned a bit, but returned shortly after I left work. A neighboring town (basically connected to St. Cloud) was hosting the last of its Ladies Night Out events so I snagged Icey, and all of my pictures and headed to For Little Dogs Grooming. The clouds rolled in, but didn't drop any rain. I was seriously thinking I was going to have to go the Wash and Tan just down the road when the clouds cleared up! There wasn't many areas to go as we were fairly downtown, but For Little Dogs is an old house with a pair of porches on it. And the back porch was generously accepting the sunshine. I got Icey setup in the doggie sweatshirt she was modeling for the night and snagged some pictures with the "play" camera. The play camera is a lended Sony A57 with an 18-55mm kit lens who's RAW files don't work with my Lightroom 3, sigh. But the results did turn out interesting...
Next up in the sun/lens flare challenge is Lina Tey of Petlense Photography!

2 comments:

  1. I think we had the same problem this week, not enough sun!! I love that top shot too, looks like a really wonderful evening walk.

    ReplyDelete