About A Dog Photography. Dog photography. The photography of dogs.
Specifically the photography of your dog!


Based in St. Cloud, Minnesota and available to travel to wherever you and your dog are - including the Twin Cites, the North Shore, southern Minnesota...
heck if you're going to Hawaii I'll join you for an exotic beach session!

Friday, September 13, 2013

Recreate or Imitat - 52 Week Project

This week's challenge required us to recreate or imitate artwork from our favorite artists. Ummm.... I had a bit of a mind blank in thinking of who my favorite artist was. Then I remembered that growing up I had always loved William Wegman's weimaraners portraying characters in classic children's stories such as Cinderella, Little Red Riding Hood and Mother Goose as well as a some of his other works featuring his fabulous weimaraners. Let the inspiring begin!



 Sadly the only wig I had was a mullet one (eek!) and I wasn't positively sure where it was offhand, so neither of my models, Axle and Icey, wore it. Instead of recreating a fair tale, I tried to personify my two dogs as people doing a common people thing - eating supper. Axle was not a fan of the storm trooper hoodie, nor the grey tank top, and was especially not sure about sitting on a chair next to the table with his feet upon it. He made it through a couple of shots, and decided to ditch. Leaving me with Icey. 

She is such a pro for modeling for me! She sat in the chair, wearing one of my button downs, one foot on the table, not minding the stinky catfish in front of her on the table (she wouldn't have eaten it anyway, she thought it was yucky!) and worked for dog biscuits. The lighting was poor at best, the walls were dark, and my super high ISO threatened to show too much noise... the result:



Yes my kitchen walls are really a rusty red color! But I love the way this turned out! A fun challenge! Next up visit the wonderful Lina Tay of Petlense Photography!

4 comments: