About A Dog Photography. Dog photography. The photography of dogs.
Specifically the photography of your dog!


Based in St. Cloud, Minnesota and available to travel to wherever you and your dog are - including the Twin Cites, the North Shore, southern Minnesota...
heck if you're going to Hawaii I'll join you for an exotic beach session!

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Tuesday Humane Society Session

Greetings all! Nothing like more snow up here in central MN! That being said, the snow put a damper in heading to Willmar to snag the pittie Bender from Hawk Creek Animal Sanctuary. Tomorrow, weather cooperating, will be the day!

Another adventure at Tri County Humane Society! I'm starting to get a rhythm and habits for each time I head out there. Head in, greet the ladies working, snag a list of animals that need pictures, sign in, snag my nametag and a scrub top, go over my list of animals that need pictures to figure who was who, then either throw on a jacket to take outside pictures with the dogs, or setup in the all in one room with the cats. This time I brought the 4x6 card I designed to inform people that animal's cage was empty because the dog or cat was having their picture taken. It worked wonderfully!

I love going to the humane society to take pictures of the ones I can't bring home!

Cinder, a playful grey tabby was my first (and third) set of pictures. We were in the all in one room, when a volunteer asked to use the room as there was a family that wanted to do a meet and greet with a puppy. No problem. Cinder was scooped back up and put back into her kennel. Snagged some pictures of the tubby Misti, then Cinder and I ventured back to the room for more pictures!

Chubby cat Misti


Tooley the orange female!


Little miss Stella!


Next were the dogs! 
Spartacus was first! Small fluffy, maltese mix I believe. He was a panting, I want to get out of this place mess until I brought out the cat treats (I didn't have any dog treats on me!). He proceeded to sit like a gentleman as well as stand on his hind legs!


Tisha was next! She's a pointer mix, who is very smart! She could smell the treats I had in my coat even before I had shown them to her! She would sit well, though taking treats involved practically eating my whole hand!


The last of the dogs I got to take out was Ronnie. (All the others had red cards or deposits on them) Lucky Ronnie has had his picture taken a bunch of times! I hadn't realized that he had had pictures done, so I snapped up a bunch more! He's a small cute little character and is a playful little dude!
I also snagged some pictures of Deedles and one of the pittie mix Roman who was a giant baby!

Deedles (D)



Roman










No comments:

Post a Comment