About A Dog Photography. Dog photography. The photography of dogs.
Specifically the photography of your dog!


Based in St. Cloud, Minnesota and available to travel to wherever you and your dog are - including the Twin Cites, the North Shore, southern Minnesota...
heck if you're going to Hawaii I'll join you for an exotic beach session!

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

The Truth About Cats...


Is that they are not dogs!

Last week I volunteered twice at Tri County Humane Society. Tuesday was a challenge being the first day of cat portraits as well as having a new lens that I was still figuring out the quirks of. Also didn't help that Buzz, an Am Staff, was a ginormous baby and constantly barking. The pictures turned out, but the results weren't as numerous as I had hoped.

Got home and did tons of research. Most would blah about light, eyes in focus, get them out of their cages - which most of this I already had a handle on. A couple of them mentioned to let the cat do what it wanted. Hmmm...

Thursday rolled around and I was stocked up for snagging pictures of the cats, and excited about it. Chaos, whom I had met on Tues, was my first portrait set. He was so laid back and nosey! I let him wander around the room and basically followed him with my camera. So much better than the frightened cats I had worked with two days prior. After we were done with our session, Chaos was adopted by a wonderful young lady! Hooray!

Misty, a torti, and Sissy, a calico, we just as laid back and easygoing as Chaos. Misty roamed the room, even jumping up into the tub where all the dogs get baths! Sissy was a little spooky at times, but she purred as she explored.

So by letting cats do their thing and letting them explore and nose around, I was able to get a solid handful of super awesome pictures of them.

Thusly, the truth about cats is that they are not dogs!

No comments:

Post a Comment